Well Thank You Marja at http://thisismarja.com/ for your kind nomination, I’d love to thank all the people who have got me to this high point but I’m sure you’d all lose the will to live very quickly.
The idea of this award is to answer 11 questions and to tell 11 random facts about yourself. And then nominate others to do the same a sort of blog round robin to hopefully get some new followers and to find some of the interesting people who use up their valuable time writing a blog when they could be eating cheese or watching it rain.
So Marja has posed 11 questions which I will attempt to answer as truthfully as possible. I’ll then send out my list of nominees so stay tuned you might be next.
1 ) What’s your favorite time of the year and why?
- Christmas so I can have a good old moan about the cost, the never ending marketing, the sell sell sell attitude and the stupidity of people getting in debt, buying a months supply of food you’d never eat at any other time of the year and drinking your own weight in alcohol every day for a week. Get a grip people.
2) What’s the most valuable lesson you’ve learnt so far in life?
Get a dog as soon as you possibly can, unconditional love all day every day. In fact get two.
3) How do you see your life five years from now?
Depends if those 6 numbers drop in or not.
4) If you have to choose one big reason for having a blog, what is it?
Sometimes you just can’t face any more cheese
5) What’s your greatest accomplishment within the last year?
Getting to grips with my camera and getting out to see some of the brilliant wildlife we have in this country. Watching salmon migrate upstream, the stags rutting and the new born seals on the beach. Some stunning moments and memories with pictures to match.
6) Where are you planning / dreaming to travel next?
Wherever I’m told we’re going.
7) What’s one of your happiest moments so far?
This will have to be two moments as I have 2 boys.
8) If you had to describe your personality with three words, what would they be?
Easy one this, miserable old git.
9) What’s your ultimate dream job?
Lingerie photographer or wildlife photographer, both very similar I’d guess.
10) What’s your resolution for 2015?
I’ve only ever actually done one resolution and that was to learn how to juggle. I guess I’d like to keep ticking things off my to photograph list.
11) What characteristics do you admire in other people?
A sense of humour, the sillier the better.
Right the next part is to list 11 random facts about myself so here goes.
1) I used to be a full time cartoonist
2) I have done stand up comedy twice
3) I used to be a better rugby player than Brian Moore who went on to play for England
4) When I was 12 I was asked to dress up as a town crier at the re-opening of a local landmark. I refused. (I will one day blog the full story)
5) My Dad used to play professional rugby league
6) When my eldest was born Jet from Gladiators came to see him in hospital.
7) I know that mountains can’t dance
8) I really don’t like football
9) Even though I have a degree in Geography I get lost too easily
10) I play War of Warcraft
11) Next time I go to Vegas I will re-do my vows with the wife with the boys dressed a Elvis pageboys.
Now it’s nomination time, Marja did quote some rules about this but I’m just going to go with the five I’ve enjoyed following in the last couple of months. I apologies if you don’t like this kind of thing and I definitely won’t hold it against you if you don’t want to join in.
and my very first blogging chum has to be on here http://nvthelondonlover.wordpress.com/
Anyway I’ve now got to suggest 11 questions for the nominees so here goes
1) What’s your favourite city
2) What is your favourite type of cheese
3) How many shoes are right behind your front door
4) If you could have a farmyard animal what would you like
5) When was the last time you were drunk
6) Whats your favourite joke
7) Have you got any weird talents
8) Who’s your favourite comedian
9) If you were staying in to watch a horror movie which famous person would you like to keep you company
10) What’s your favourite time of day and why
11) Have you ever won a competition and what did you win
Apparently there are some rules so I apologies if I haven’t quite followed them.
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
- Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
- Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
- Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
- List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!).
Simple isn’t it and yes I quite enjoyed that.